After rebooting sendmail servers, internal servers must fully qualify for mail

Gary L. Burnore gburnore na databasix.com
Úterý Říjen 9 17:28:51 CEST 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 10:42:23 -0600, in article
<9pi349$qcj$1 na nntp1-cm.news.eni.net>, "Christopher" <chankins na rhythms.net>
wrote:

>Help anyone?
>
>We rebooted our sendmail servers, and now all of our internal servers need
>FQDN when sending mail.
>Example:
>Old way(what we want again):  blah na domain.net
>new way: blah na mail.zone.domain.net
>
>What controls that?  Is this a sendmail issue?  No changes were made to DNS.
>Any help would be appriciated!  Thanks!

W_H_Y_ did you reboot? Did you upgrade _anything?  Chances are good that you
did. If so, you likely wiped out your sendmail.cf or, more likely, your
sendmail.cw (what this machine is known as).

Get them from your backup.  (You _do_ do backups, right?)

--
gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
                  How you look depends on where you go.
Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. |  ÝU__Ý____Ý__ÝU_Ý____Ý_Ý____Ý_ÝÝU_
                                      |  ÝU 0 1 7 2 3 / Ý__ 3 7 4 9 3 0 U_
Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.|     Official Proof of Purchase