Transient parse error

Chuck Swiger chuck na codefab.com
Středa Únor 20 21:30:16 CET 2002

Steve <stevespam na alexin.ca> wrote:
> This "Transient parse error" problem has been occurring since the mid 90's
> and I am still unable to find a solid answer to the problem!

I didn't see a 'transient parse error' listed in the messages below; perhaps
you should post some relevant logfiles?

Anyway, it's possible that sendmail can't perform DNS lookups, perhaps because
it was compiled against a version of the resolver library which doesn't match
the header files.  That can happen if you have a /usr/local/lib/libresolv.a
which doesn't correspond to the system-provided headers because you've
installed your own version of BIND.

-Chuck

       Chuck Swiger | chuck na codefab.com | All your packets are belong to us.
       "The human race's favorite method for being in control of the facts
        is to ignore them."  -Celia Green