hal mt

Estelav Mendozaz comparabley na paramountbrass.com
Úterý Červenec 17 15:38:57 CEST 2007

Pay88, Inc. (PAYI.OB)
$2.50

It's already showing up on Screeners NationWide

HORK it Tuesday

A strong earthquake struck northwestern Japan on Monday, causing a radioactive water leak and fire at one of the world's most powerful nuclear power plants and turning buildings into piles of lumber. At least eight people were killed and hundreds injured.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe -- whose ruling party is trailing in the polls -- interrupted a campaign stop in southern Japan for upcoming parliamentary elections, rushed back to Tokyo and announced he would head to the damaged area. He later arrived in a blue uniform to survey the damage.

Four women and three men -- all either in their 70s or 80s -- were killed, according to the National Police Agency in Tokyo and NHK, which reported more than 800 people were hurt. There were no immediate details on the eighth reported death.

Uchino said the water contained a tiny amount of radioactive material -- a billionth of the guideline under Japanese law -- and is believed to have flushed into the Sea of Japan.

Japan's Meteorological Agency measured the quake at a 6.8 magnitude. The U.S. Geological Survey, which monitors quakes around the world, said it registered 6.7. Near midnight Monday, another 6.8-magnitude quake hit off Japan's west coast, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

"We heard a series of loud bangs, about four," he said. "My partner and I looked up and saw a flash of smoke. We figured out it was probably gunshots."