AMERICAN IMAGINARIES / Social Imaginaries, Volume 4, issue 2 (2018)

Zeta Books newsletter na zetabooks.com
Čtvrtek Prosinec 27 11:13:56 CET 2018

Dear Reader,
We are pleased to announce the release of our new publication:

Social Imaginaries
Volume 4, issue 2 (Autumn 2018)

ISSN: 2393-2503 (paperback)
ISSN: 2457-2926 (electronic)
ISBN: 978-606-697-082-2 (paperback)
ISBN: 978-606-697-083-9 (ebook)

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Jeremy C A Smith, Paul Blokker and Natalie Doyle: Editorial Introduction

THEMED SECTION: AMERICAN IMAGINARIES

Wolfgang Knöbl: Civilizing’ the Americas! A concept goes West!

Jeremy C A. Smith: North America’s Metropolitan Imaginaries

Martín Plot: Political Horizons in America

Gustavo Morello: Latin America’s Religious Imaginaries

VARIA

Peter Wagner: Social and political philosophy, historical-comparative sociology and the critical diagnosis of the present: a reply

Dmitri Nikulin: The eternal return of the other: Benjamin on the social and political effects of boredom in modernity

Aaron McKeil: The Modern International Imaginary: Sketching Horizons and Enriching the Picture

NOTES AND DISCUSSION

Johann P Arnason: Spaces, Connections, Civilizations. Comments on Debating Civilisations

Nicolas Poirier: Castoriadis in Australia: Interview with Suzi Adams