[Fedora TeX Live] latex.fmt and pdflatex.fmt

João Veríssimo jl.verissimo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 20:32:28 CET 2010

Removed every texlive* package, added the right release package (for
http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/packages.fc14/), and installed again.

The fmt files were now created and both latex and pdflatex are working fine:
[root at host ~]# updatedb
[root at host ~]# locate latex.fmt
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/luatex/dvilualatex.fmt
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/luatex/lualatex.fmt
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdftex/latex.fmt
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdftex/pdflatex.fmt

There were only a couple of differences regarding my previous installation:
*the packages texlive-dvi2tty and texlive-dvi2tty-bin are absent from
the repo;
*the texlive-citeref package was installed as dependency, but I didn't
have it before.

Thank you,

João