[Fedora TeX Live] Upgrade problem with texlive2011/dev on f14

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Wed Apr 27 12:37:50 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 27 April 2011 07:23:58 Peter Baker wrote:
> Instead I removed texlive2011/dev  and all packages depending on it. After
> (re)installing everything I now have a workable system again. Because its a
> work  machine I really can't afford the downtime and I'm happy with
> texlive 2010

I had the same prospect but removing the content of

/usr/share/texlive/texmf-var/

and running

fmtutil-sys --all

fixed the issue for me.

For some reason I had to logout or else lyx (or plain latex for that part)
would not pick the changes.

After doing a login it worked again so I suspect that there was some cached
files issue.

It is interesting because this problem was different from the previous
breakage where

/usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
/usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg

were hosed, that was not the case this time. :-)

--
José Abílio