[Fedora TeX Live] texlive-expl3 should probably be removed

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Mon Aug 22 15:20:42 CEST 2011

Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
: It looks like the functionality formerly in texlive-expl3 is now in
: texlive-l3kernel.  With both installed, latex can break like this:
:
: /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/l3packages/xparse/xparse.sty
: ! Undefined control sequence.
: <argument> \ExplFileName
:
: l.57 ...e}{\ExplFileVersion}{\ExplFileDescription}
:
: expl3 appears to be gone from CTAN, and texlive-l3kernel should
: probably obsolete (or even conflict with) it.

	I have also seen this problem today, rpm -e texlive-expl3 fixes
it. Andrew, thanks for finding the solution! Jindrich, can you
add the Obsoletes clause to texlive-l3kernel package?

	Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |