[Fedora TeX Live] "Ghost maps" otf-noEmbed.map, ptex-noEmbed.map

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Dec 7 16:21:19 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

On Di, 06 Dez 2011, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Constructive "complaining" is what I am trying. Note though that these
> entries survive an "updmap-sys --syncwithtrees" run. So it is possible,
> if not likely, that updmap-sys has problems syncing (here: disabling)
> those map entries which use a macro/option/variable/whateveryoucalledit
> in their name, since they come from this snippet:

Yes, there is a problem here since there is an implicit replacement
of the
	@kanjiEmbed@
string with the setting of
	kanjiEmbed
Now, since in plain TeX Live this is working as expected,
and it is actually a packaging error that will also appear if
you do not install for example the equivalent of collections-fontsextra
(assumption of course, I cannot test), I will probably fix it at
some point, but it is not high on my TODO list.

That does not mean that patches are not welcome. The source is here,
not too complicated to fix it I guess.

Best wishes

Norbert