[Fedora TeX Live] TeX Live 2011 License Audit - Mislabeled Components [02/02]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Dec 19 00:55:06 CET 2011

    In reviewing TL2011, we ran right into the existing TL policy of
    categorizing things as "Freely redistributable without restriction",

It is not really TL policy.  What I do is propagate the Catalogue
license labels into the TL packages.  I'm not interested in maintaining
yet another package->license mapping myself.  My interest is in
ok-for-tl vs. not-ok-for-tl, and this is the most convenient way to
check that.

If Robin wants to change the Catalogue labels per your extensive
research and work, that sounds great to me.

Thanks,
karl