[Fedora TeX Live] texlive + matlab - mex conflicts

Trutwin, Joshua JTRUTWIN at csbsju.edu
Thu Feb 10 16:27:12 CET 2011

Both packages provide this program /usr/bin/mex

I'm not a frequent texlive user so I'm not sure how critical this program is to tex apps, but I know that our users would scream loudly if matlab didn't work so I typically install matlab over texlive-mex-bin with --force.

I have control over the packaging of our matlab RPM though so I was thinking of relocating /usr/bin/mex from matlab to /usr/local/bin/mex.

Curious if anyone here has other suggestions.

Thanks!

Josh