[Fedora TeX Live] What is new in the latest repo update

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Sun Jan 16 20:14:30 CET 2011

Hi all,

the last update of the TeX Live repository from January 13th is a bit
special. The main modification is that I switched from the 2010 noarch
packages to 2011/dev packages which should keep you in sync with the
latest packages from CTAN.

Ongoing updates will contain the latest packages from CTAN as well
using incremetal updates. So you needn't to install huge sets of
packages but only those which were modified in CTAN.

Another major feature introduced in the latest noarch packages is that
they now provide more virtual Provides, namely of files with these
extensions:

tfm, ttf, ttc, pfa, pfb, pcf, otf, tex, cnf, cfg, def, ldf, fd, enc,
map, vf and vpl

The advantage is apparent, you can "yum install 'tex(kam-latex.tex)'"
without caring which package ships it.

I currently work on automatic dependency finder which will guess
dependencies of a .tex file. This is why
/usr/share/texlive/texlive.tlpdb is shipped along with texlive-base
package. You can find all files in TeX Live and package shipping them
there.

BTW. I fixed the missing texlive-release package from the repository
few hours ago so everything should run smooth.

Regards,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,