[Fedora TeX Live] What is new in the latest repo update

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Wed Jan 19 20:48:40 CET 2011

On Monday 17 January 2011 04:01:17 Jindrich Novy wrote:
> please find fmtutil.cnf and updmap.cfg for texlive-scheme-medium
> attached to this email. It is needed to copy them preferably to
> /usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/ directory. It should fix your problem
> with pdflatex.
>
> Just let me ask, do you have anything in your /usr/share/texmf
> directory? Do you have any special settings in /etc/texmf,
> /var/lib/texmf/ or ~/.texlive2010?
>
> Thanks,
> Jindrich

What should be the right procedure when this failure happens for
texlive-scheme-full?

To remove all texlive packages and then to reinstall it seems a rather crude
procedure to fix the problem. After all it takes 1 Gb and some time to
complete this task... :-(

Is it enough to uncomment the #! lines in fmtutil.cnf and updmap.cfg?

--
José Abílio