[Fedora TeX Live] RFE (Request for Enhancement): texlive-scheme-docs-full

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 11:08:27 CET 2011

Hi José,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 03:02:52PM +0000, José Matos wrote:
> Hi Jindrich,
> 	how hard would it be to provide a set of texlive-scheme-docs-* to
> correspond with the available texlive-scheme-*?
>
> 	I know that this is a minor feature and that the same can be obtained
> using yum and some script foo. For texlive-scheme-full it is just:
>
> # yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=texlive list available texlive-*-doc

Upstream uses quite smart approach for the files shipped in TeX Live.
There are three file types (if I neglect the binary packages). They
are run, doc and source files. So for the functionality one needs
just run files. If you need a documentation for a particular package,
the texlive-<pkgname>-doc is a good hint.

There exist documentation collections (not schemes) which are used as
metapackages just to pull in desired groups of documentation,
particularly for language sets. One of these is
texlive-collection-documentation-dutch for instance.

>From the usage POV I don't see a big benefit for TeX Live users in
installing all documentation for a particular scheme. The reason is
that one can install docs for a particular package already what makes
the scheme-docs-* a bit wasteful approach.

Regards,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,