[Fedora TeX Live] Stable TeX Live 2010 repository has been set up

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 07:05:23 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 02:30:05PM -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> On Thursday 27 January 2011, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > Dear Fedora TeX Live users,
> >
> > I decided to build a separate repository for stable TeX Live 2010 so
> > that you can use it for long term and low maintenance deployments. I
> > think you will appreciate it given how much TL2011/dev has changed
> > and how many of you see dependency and usage problems.
> >
> > If you prefer to not to have a bleeding edge latest development
> > version of TeX Live, please follow these repositories:
> >
> > Fedora 13:
> > http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2010/packages.f13/texlive-release-201
> > 0-1.20100720.fc13.noarch.rpm
> >
> > Fedora 14:
> > http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2010/packages.f14/texlive-release-201
> > 0-1.20100720.fc14.noarch.rpm
> >
> > It is exactly the official TeX Live 2010 release from last summer and
> > I'm not planning any substantial modifications to this repo and
> > updates are going to be very rare.
> >
> > Enjoy!
> > Jindrich
>

> And suppose I want bleading edge?  What is the suggested path to get updated?

I'm currently working on an automatic obsoletion mechanism. Basically
the idea is to diff package sets between 2010 and 2011/dev releases
with every update of 2011/dev repo. This will add Obsoletes to top-level
texlive rpm so that a clean update path 2010 -> 2011/dev is always assured.

So if anything goes wrong with 2011/dev you can use 2010 and there
will always exist an upgrade path to 2011/dev if you decide 2011/dev
works for you.

I will announce it as soon as the 2011/dev repo will contain these
changes.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,