[Fedora TeX Live] TeXLive 2011 breaking typesetting; why is Fedora using a development TeXLive?

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 07:35:05 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 09:27:20PM -0500, Ted Pavlic wrote:
> Ever since I updated my TeXLive from 2010 to 2011/dev, presentations
> that are built and render fine on my old TeXLive 2010 system have
> objects that are out of place on Fedora's TeXLive 2011/dev.
> Equations that were once centered on a slide now overhang into the
> navigation bar. If I fix these problems on my Fedora system, I get
> the complementary problems on my working TeXLive 2010 system.
>
> It's frustrating that I now have to bring my personal laptop to the
> office because my desktop machine's TeXLive is completely unusable.
> :-(
>
> Why was the decision made to start supporting a development version
> of TeXLive?
>
> --Ted

Downgrade to 2010 is recommended in these cases. If you think it could
be a bug that needs to be addressed in 2011/dev then please send a mail to
tex-live at tug.org to let it be analyzed/resolved upstream.

Thanks,
Jindrich

P.S. Tried your sample tex file and it works as expected with TL2010.

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,