[Fedora TeX Live] encTeX

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Sat Jan 29 19:07:29 CET 2011

Hi Zdenek,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 01:51:00PM +0100, Zdeněk Janeček wrote:
> Hi,
> I found package called texlive-encxvlna. This package needs activated
> encTeX. More info is here:
> http://www.bakoma-tex.com/doc/generic/encxvlna/encxvlna.pdf
>
> It is possible activate encTeX with parameter -enc in latex and
> pdflatex?

cslatex package contains the following additions to fmtutil.cnf:

cslatex pdftex - -etex -translate-file=cp227.tcx cslatex.ini
pdfcslatex pdftex - -etex -translate-file=cp227.tcx cslatex.ini

which is default for this package by upstream. Maybe the -enc
parameter is a good idea to add but I'd first consult it with
upstream (tex-live at tug.org). Basically because when I set the -enc
parameters exactly as described at the link above, the encxvlna
package prints the error message anyway(at least for me with
2011/dev).

> Error:
> ! Package encxvlna Error: encTeX of Feb 2003 or later not detected,
> (encxvlna)                the rest of the package will be ignored.
>
> See the encxvlna package documentation for explanation.
>
> I use stable TeXLive 2010.
>
> Thanks Zdeněk

There is the same error in 2011/dev.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,