[Fedora TeX Live] Stable TeX Live 2010 repository has been set up

Ted Pavlic ted at tedpavlic.com
Mon Jan 31 20:18:13 CET 2011

>    It is exactly the official TeX Live 2010 release from last summer and
>    I'm not planning any substantial modifications to this repo and updates
>    are going to be very rare.
>
> If the texlive developers update 2010 packages, so should you. The
> recent problems have to do with 2011 development, not with 2010 updates.

 From what I read on the tex-live list, the TeXLive developers seem to
agree. No one there endorses TL2011/dev being used in any sort of
official release, and TL2011/dev seems to essentially be hidden from the
TL community at large at the moment.

[ Having said that, TL2007 is technically the only "official" Fedora
TeXLive distribution. Plus, it is likely (??) that TL2011 will be
released at, around, or before FC15 (and certainly FC16), and so I'm
guessing that's the reason why TL2010 is being abandoned. ]

--Ted

--
Ted Pavlic <ted at tedpavlic.com>