[Fedora TeX Live] texdoc issue

Gregor Tätzner gregor at freenet.de
Wed Oct 26 19:05:32 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm using Fedora 15 x64 texlive-2010 and want to access the tex documentation.
But after executing 'texdoc' I'm getting:

[greg at greg-laptop ~]$ texdoc
/usr/bin/texdoc:7: module 'texdoc.main' not found:
        no field package.preload['texdoc.main']
        [kpse lua searcher] file not found: 'texdoc.main'
        [kpse C searcher] file not found: 'texdoc.main'
        [kpse All-in-one searcher] file not found: 'texdoc'

sounds serious...can anyone help me?

tex --version
TeX 3.1415926 (TeX Live 2010)
kpathsea version 6.0.0
Copyright 2010 D.E. Knuth.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the TeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the TeX source.
Primary author of TeX: D.E. Knuth.

luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.2-2011101119 (TeX Live 2010) (rev 3736)

Execute  'luatex --credits'  for credits and version details.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. For more
information about these matters, see the file named COPYING and
the LuaTeX source.

Copyright 2009 Taco Hoekwater, the LuaTeX Team.

Cheers,
Greg
--
If you can't be good, be careful.  If you can't be careful, give me a call.