[Fedora TeX Live] Not able to process Euler fonts.

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Fri Oct 28 22:33:47 CEST 2011

 >|When trying to pdflatex a document, I got the error message:
 >|
 >|kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi
 >|600 eufm10
 >|mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for eufm10.

 >|Googling around, I've found the following suggestion, regarding another
 >|type1 font:
 >|https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=78899
 >|
 >|Should I try what the guy says there, or is there something else I
 >|should do?

If the "guy" you're referring to is bender02, yes. The solution is
to enable the relevant map file (probably euler.map) in the relevant
updmap.cfg (probably /usr/share/texlive/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg)
and execute updmap-sys as root (or updmap as a non-root user) if you maintain
a "private" texmf tree.

Bob T.