[Fedora TeX Live] Important TeX Live 2010 and 2011 update

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 10:10:18 CEST 2011

Hi all,

there are two good news with the new releases of Fedora TeX Live 2010
and 2011:

* upstream introduced separate branches for various TeX Live
  distribution sources, 2010 and 2011 are among them. I reimplemented
  the updating scheme to use SVN repositories for these branches for
  updates what brings you updated packages for each major version
  which are developed separately

* the long-standing problem with updating updmap.cfg which caused lots
  of troubles in TeX Live usage is now fixed.

Feel free to report any issues. Generally I recommend complete
reinstall to be sure no Map or MixedMap is missing from updmap.cfg.

Jindrich

P.S. TeX Live 2010 for Fedora 12 and 13 are no longer supported.

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,