[Fedora TeX Live] Support for ConTeXt

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:33:40 CEST 2011

To start with, can you please locate the line
    resolvers.luacnfspec =
'{selfautodir:,selfautoparent:};{selfautodir:,selfautoparent:}{/share,}/texmf{-local,};{selfautodir:,selfautoparent:}{/share,}/texmf{-local,}/web2c'
in mtxrun?

The same contents is probably in
    /scripts/context/lua/mtxrun.lua
    /scripts/context/stubs/mswin/mtxrun.lua
    /scripts/context/stubs/unix/mtxrun
    /tex/context/base/data-res.lua
but the main place where you have to change it is the executable
mtxrun script in /usr/bin.

You need to change that string, so that it will point to
    /usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/
and possibly any other directory of question. I'm not sure about the
exact strategy, but I would probably use
    /usr/share/texlive/;/usr/share/texlive/texmf-local/web2c/;/usr/share/texlive/texmf/web2c/
(the first one is not really needed).

That is, you could write
    resolvers.luacnfspec = '/usr/share/texlive/{,texmf-local/web2c,texmf/web2c}'
or omit the first comma if you don't need /usr/share/texlive, but
preferably you want to keep this string/functionality in sync with
TEXMFCNF variable that was built into kpathsea.

This change + running "mtxrun --generate" every time when you run
mktexlsr (or at least at every update and the first time when you
install texlive) should give you a working ConTeXt.

I will send you additional patches for texmfcnf.lua later.

Mojca