[Fedora TeX Live] TeXLive inclusion in Fedora - timeline?

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 16:44:18 CEST 2011

On 09/22/2011 06:16 PM, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> the status page at
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive
> hasn't been updated in a year.
>
> I'd like to know when I can expect the new TeXLive packaging to appear
> in Fedora. I guess Fedora 16 is out of the question; will TeXLive be in
> time for Fedora 17?
>
> The status page states that the inclusion process is 60% complete.

FWIW, I think the legal issues are still a giant roadblock. I admit to
not having time or energy to tackle things in that area lately, but it
probably makes sense to generate a new spreadsheet style table of the
texlive components for tracking, something like:

NAME | LICENSE | ACCEPTABLE ? | NOTES

With the current list of texlive components and the status from the
existing notes merged in.

~tom

==
Fedora Project