[Fedora TeX Live] TeXLive inclusion in Fedora - timeline?

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Sat Sep 24 12:52:29 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:44:18AM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 09/22/2011 06:16 PM, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > the status page at
> >  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive
> > hasn't been updated in a year.
> >
> > I'd like to know when I can expect the new TeXLive packaging to appear
> > in Fedora. I guess Fedora 16 is out of the question; will TeXLive be in
> > time for Fedora 17?
> >
> > The status page states that the inclusion process is 60% complete.
>
> FWIW, I think the legal issues are still a giant roadblock. I admit to
> not having time or energy to tackle things in that area lately, but it
> probably makes sense to generate a new spreadsheet style table of the
> texlive components for tracking, something like:
>
> NAME | LICENSE | ACCEPTABLE ? | NOTES

Currently tl2rpm utility which converts upstream metadata + CTAN
archives to RPM reports packages with problematic licenses. The
criterion is based on the upstream metadata which turned out to not to
be too precise. In any case these package will not be in Fedora for
sure due to its licensing:

L: amsmath-it - No Info
L: ascii-chart - No Info
L: borceux - No Info
L: breakcites - No Info
L: eiad - No Info
L: floatflt - Other
L: formlett - No Info
L: germbib - No Info
L: getoptk - No Source
L: cherokee - No Info
L: mkjobtexmf - Artistic
L: mp3d - No Info
L: mxedruli - No Info
L: nature - No Info
L: oubraces - No Info
L: plain-doc - No Info
L: sphack - Other
L: subsupscripts - No Info
L: texdiff - Artistic
L: texdirflatten - Artistic

I keep all, even the legally problematic packages, in the repository
for now.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,