[Fedora TeX Live] gnuplot-latex requires texlive-texmf-xetex on F17

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Apr 13 20:23:57 CEST 2012

On F-17 gnuplot-latex requires texlive-texmf-xetex.

Since this is not provided by any available package the dependency fails
with texlive-2011 or 2012 installed on F-17.

As I see there are two ways to fix this, either provide virtually
tex(xetex) on texlive-texmf-xetex-2007 or have
texlive-collection-xetex-2012 provide texlive-texmf-xetex. I admit that
there could be other choices and the purpose of this message is just to
kick start a possible solution.

Note that on the same note the latex dependency is required as
tex(latex) and it works both for texlive-2007 and later, the problem in
this case is that there is not any analogue for xetex.

I don't remember if this has been discussed here before and I apologize
if that is the case.

Regards,

--
José Matos