[Fedora TeX Live] Preview.sty file?

Rudi Gaelzer rgaelzer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 19:35:25 CEST 2012

Oh, I forgot to mention.  The preview function resumed its normal
function in F17 after the subsequent reboot.  I don't know why it
didn't work the first time around, though...
Anyway, it's working now, although I'm still getting it from the
fedora repository.

Cheers.

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM, José Matos <jamatos at fc.up.pt> wrote:
> On 07/09/2012 05:14 PM, Rudi Gaelzer wrote:
>> Ok, using Fedora 16, I've found the package tex-preview, distributed by the
>> fedora repository.  Installing that package, Instant Preview resumed its
>> normal function in Fedora 16.
>> However, in another desktop, running Fedora 17, I still don't have Instant
>> Preview, although tex-preview is also installed there.  Is there any reason
>> for the different behaviour between F16 and F17?
>
> Hi Rudi,
>     I have the same problem and only now I have been able to look into it.
>
> AFAICS what happens is that preview.sty is not in texlive search path.
>
> $ kpsewhere url.sty
> /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/url/url.sty
> $ kpsewhere preview.sty
> $
>
> According to texconfig
>
> kpathsea variables
> TEXMF={/usr/share/texlive/texmf-config,/usr/share/texlive/texmf-var,/root/texmf,!!/usr/share/texlive/texmf-config,!!/usr/share/texlive/texmf-var,!!/usr/share/texlive/texmf,!!/usr/share/texlive/../texmf-local,!!/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist}
>
> Note that /usr/share/texmf is not in that search path.
>
> Since /usr/share/texmf-local is in the list making it a symbolic link to
> /usr/share/texmf (after running texhash) shows it again:
>
> $ kpsewhere preview.sty
> /usr/share/texlive/../texmf-local/tex/latex/preview/preview.sty
>
> Jindrich is this diagnostic right and if so could you fix it allowing the tex packages in fedora to work with texlive-2012.
>
> Thanks and regards, :-)
>
> --
> José Matos

Rudi Gaelzer
Departamento de Física
Instituto de Física e Matemática
Fundação Universidade Federal de Pelotas
Caixa Postal 354 - Campus UFPel
96001-970 Pelotas - RS
BRAZIL
Phone: +55-53-275-7468