[Fedora TeX Live] Missing groff.enc (on texlive 2012, F16)

Peter Williams peter at newton.cx
Tue Aug 28 21:23:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm running texlive 2012 on Fedora 16 and am trying to compile a
document that requires groff.enc. I can't find anything that provides
it.

$ sudo yum install 'tex(groff.enc)'

doesn't find anything, nor does

$ yum provides '*'/groff.enc

It looks like it should be in a package relating to dvips or fonts, but
I seem to have all of those installed. This tug.org mailing list posting
makes it sound as if the file has moved to some metapost-related
package:

http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2011-April/028805.html ,

and I don't see anything like that in the list of texlive RPMs, but I'm
not sure if that's meaningful at all.

Any hints out there? Please CC me since I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Williams / peter at newton.cx