[Fedora TeX Live] Picins within the repo

Mohamed El Morabity pikachu.2014 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:41:24 CET 2012

Hi,

if I remember well, the license of picins is not free (it doesn't
allow modification without author's agreement), whereas TeX Live only
include free components.
You'd better use wrapfig as a free replacement.

> Yet, I added the folder in /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex then
> rehesh with texconfig but is there a way to add it in the repo or add
> by hand is the best way?
This is definitively not the place to install third-party packages.
Use ~/texmf/, or /usr/share/texmf-local/ to make packages available
for all users.