[Fedora TeX Live] "yum install texlive" fails: packages missing

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Sun Jul 1 23:28:48 CEST 2012

Hi Bradley,

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 03:19:12PM -0400, Bradley C. Kuszmaul wrote:
> After upgrading to FC17 from FC16 with preupgrade, I ran into some
> difficulties, so I removed the texlive 2011 installation and reinstalled
> the FC 16 texlive 2007 installation.
>
> Then I did this:
>
> $ sudo rpm -i
> http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2012/packages.fc17/texlive-release.noarch.rpm
>
> and then
>
> $ sudo yum install texlive
>
> which failed.
>
> For example, it tries to find
> http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2012/packages.fc17/texlive-texinfo-2008_04_18.10.svn26886-1.noarch.rpm
> but the proper URL appears to be
> http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/2012/packages.fc17/tex-texinfo-2008_04_18.10.svn26886-1.noarch.rpm
>
> At least, the tex-* version exists, whereas the texlive-* version does not.

Works for me. Have you tried yum clean all before the update? It seems
yum uses old metadata.

> Some files start with tex-* and some with texlive-*, but it isn't
> consistent.

It actually is as tex-* prefixed packages come from CTAN and texlive-*
prefixed from TeX Live SVN (binaries).

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,