[Fedora TeX Live] Announcing TeX Live 2012 repository

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:37:56 CET 2012

 >|So, in short: Will there be a stable F-Texlive version 201n, to replace
 >|the 2007 version I am currently using. And how do I know that's the
 >|one? Is it going to be distribution number related (e.g. Fedrora 17 or
 >|18) or package number (eg. Texlive 2012-final)?

When texlive rpms hit RHEL, you'll know that they are ready for
production use by non-experts; until then, novice beware.

If you're just interested in learning and using LaTeX, I recommend you
try again to install the real TeXLive, which is a well-tested, stable
and reliable distribution. Read the documentation at

http://www.tug.org/texlive/

and follow the instructions.

Bob T.