[Fedora TeX Live] detex query

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:50:14 CET 2012

Hello,

I was reading through the available documents on Texlive and it's status in
Fedora when I ran into the Legal Audit page[1]. I see detex in the list[2].
Is this the DeTex utility that takes a tex file and outputs the file minus
the tex macros?

I ask because DeTex is marked on the audit page as NON FREE, but it is
already available in the Fedora repositories: I packaged it. I'd therefore
want to confirm it's licensing.

The spec can be found here[3]. According to the home page[4], its licensed
under NCSA/University of Illinois Open Source License, which is in the list
of good licenses for fedora[5].

I use LaTeX regularly, for documents and presentations, and anything else I
can do with it. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
I'm only a user though (been using Jindrich's packages), and will probably
need some mentoring to begin with.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/TeXLiveLegalAudit
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Features/TeXLiveLegalAudit#detex
[3]