[Fedora TeX Live] TeXLive 2012: texlive-latex no longer provides "tex(latex)"?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:05:16 CET 2012

Hello all,

I just decided to try updating to TL 2012 on my Fedora 16 machine. I had
two problems:
- texlive-euro-ce seems to have disappeared between TL2011 and TL 2012  --
I had to "yum remove" it
- there no longer seems to be anything providing "tex(latex)"

Regarding the latter: a lot of current packages seem to rely on
"tex(latex)":
% repoquery --whatrequires 'tex(latex)' | wc -l
44
(Some of these are duplicates where a package is present in both "fedora"
and "updates[-testing]", but still there are a substantial number of
packages that have this requirement.

I think this used to be provided by texlive-latex, but now it doesn't seem
to be any more. I think this is probably a bug ...

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278