[Fedora TeX Live] lualatex: includegraphics produces faulty output

Thorsten Schoel schoel at uni-leipzig.de
Tue May 29 16:47:24 CEST 2012

Dear all,

trying to include a graphics file with includegraphics using lualatex
produces a faulty PDF. I tried this with pdf, ps, eps and png. I tried
it with tl2011 and tl2012, both on f17.i686. Doing the same with
xelatex or pdflatex works just fine in all of the above cases, so does
lualatex on MikTeX 2.9/Windows. lualatex on Fedora runs without errors
but when opening the PDF acrobat will claim that there are errors on
the page while evince will say "Error: XObject 'Im1' is unknown". I
can't find anything of interest in the logs, nor does the output of the
different tools (xe/lua/pdf)latex differ in any significant way. A very
minimal file to reproduce this behaviour is:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}
\includegraphics{graphics}
\end{document}

Obviously you will need an arbitrary graphics file named graphics.*.

Cheers,
Thorsten