[Fedora TeX Live] questions about doc package

Alick Zhao alick9188 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 16:34:42 CET 2012

Hi list,

I have two questions about the doc packages:

1. Is there an option or subcommand to install the style package and
its doc package using one command? I understand the separation of doc
packages, but sometimes I find the document of style packages quite
useful.

2. Sometimes after installing the doc packages, I cannot instantly use
`texdoc docname` to open it. texdoc will say no documents found, while I
can use `rpm -ql xxx` to find the full path to the document. Seems like
an installation of another tex-BLAH-doc package will make texdoc work.
But I do not experience the problem always, only on occasion. Have you
guys met the issue?

--
alick
Fedora 16 (Verne) user