[Fedora TeX Live] Current license review status?

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 2 00:50:31 CEST 2012

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 12:33:40 -0400
Bob Tennent <rdtennent at gmail.com> wrote:
> But also
>
> /usr/share/fonts/tex-lm/lmroman12-regular.otf
> /usr/share/fonts/tex-lm/lmr12.pfb
>
> because the former are sym links to the latter. I wouldn't say
> fontconfig is confused but any user will be by the dozens of
> essentially useless TeX-related fonts that are displayed in, for
> example, Firefox. As I said, I've pointed this out to Fedora's font
> nazi and been rebuffed. He thinks users want all those fonts in their
> applications.

I've had similar experiences with other legacy font issues. He is
blisfully unaware of anything except packaging of fonts (all owned
pacakges are fonts and all reviews performed are on fonts). This kind
of dedication is good for Fedora, but sometimes the limited point of
view causes unnecessary problems.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor