[Fedora TeX Live] preview package removed in texlive 2012?

Peter Williams peter at newton.cx
Sun Sep 30 03:45:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 16:43 +0100, Colin Macdonald wrote:
> There was a previous thread about this: I think there was a
> work-around / hack by Jose Matos (which I haven't got around to
> trying).  I will forward it to you off-list.
>
> I would also like to have a proper fix: preview.sty seems to be needed
> for many of my beamer files.

Yeah, I had seen that thread in my Googling and it helped make me more
confident that I wasn't just failing to find preview.sty somewhere in
the Texlive 2012 repo. But it doesn't address the question of whether
preview *ought* to be in the repo. Does anyone know how to go about
checking that?

(Again, please CC me on any followups since I'm not subscribed to the
list.)

Peter

Peter Williams / peter at newton.cx