[Fedora TeX Live] try building a doc on Fedora 18

Benjamin De Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 18:12:47 CET 2013

I'm not an expert in this, but here's what I would try.

> LaTeX Font Info:    Redeclaring font encoding T1 on input line 43.
> )
> ! Font T1/cmr/m/n/10=ecrm1000 at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
> file not fou nd.
> <to be read again>

First, I read the log errors from the end of the file first. Perhaps
something happened before this to make things bad, but let's start here.

This one look like you don't have the required fonts packages
installed.  In particular, ecrm*.

This is package:

texlive-ec

There are some great meta-package collections of fonts that help you get
around this with a larger-caliber install:

texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
texlive-collection-fontsextra

Try this and then see what the next error is....

-benjamin