the K desktop environment

Petr Snajdr snajdr na pvt.net
Čtvrtek Září 4 20:23:23 CEST 1997

Michael Polak wrote:

>  PS> Ideove je to velice podobne MSIE 4.0 ( doufam , ze jsem prave
>  nekoho
>  PS> neodradil). Defakto je to taky spis prohlizec (tlacika
>  back,forward,home
>  PS> atd.)
>
> Mam pocit, ze mi vykradli muj napad - presne tohle jsem chtel vyvijet
> :-(

	Lide od KDE maji prsty ( a spiony ) dozajista vsude :-)))

>  PS> Urcite to stoji z a podivani. Celkove me to _DOST_ prekvapilo.
>
> A cele to vznika jako freeware ?!

Vytazek z FAQ:

[...]

1.6 Is KDE free?

That depends on what you mean by free. The source code for KDE is (in
and of itself) free in the GNU GPL sense. This
means you can download it, compile it, modify it, give away copies,
include it on CD-ROMs, etc. (provided you make source
available!).

However, KDE is built on-top of Qt which has a slightly more restrictive
license. In essence, you can use the X version of Qt
to develop free software, such as KDE and KDE applications. However, you
cannot sell commercial software that is based on
Qt without obtaining a commercial license from Troll Tech.

So, if you are thinking about developing an application that will work
under KDE, you will face no constraints as long as you do
not intend to ever sell your software commercially.

[...]

S pozdarvem
   Petr Snajdr