ANNONCE: Blender for Linux and FreeBSD released

Jaroslav Klaus J.Klaus na sh.cvut.cz
Středa Duben 1 04:40:10 CEST 1998

---------------------Announcement------------------------

NeoGeo is happy to announce the Beta release of a Linux and FreeBSD
version of Blender at

                        April 15 1998

We expect the first Beta users to help us complete testing and evaluating,
especially for the various PC configurations.
An official version will be released 4 to 6 weeks later.

Time schedule:

	- April 15: Beta versions     V1.3x
	- May-June: Official versions V1.4x
	- June-July: Manual version   V1.5x
	- Sept: Complete version      V1.8x
	- ???: Pro version            V2.0x

Other platfoms - Amiga/Mac/Alpha - and Windows95/NT are not scheduled yet.

Currently only a very sparse manual is available. This is work under
construction.
Publishing the manual will be NeoGeo's first commercial activity with Blender.
NeoGeo's strategy is to keep the program core freeware, while generating
revenues with add-ons like plug-ins, extra tools and tutorials.

------------------------Blender-------------------------------

Blender is the freeware 3D package - currently only available for SGI - that
has become very popular with students, artists and at universities.
Being the in-house software of a high quality animation studio, it has
proven to be an extremely fast and versatile design instrument.
Use Blender to create TV commercials, to make technical visualizations,
business graphics, to do some morphing, or design user interfaces. You can
easily build and manage complex environments.
The renderer is reliable and extremely fast. All basic animation principles
are well implemented.
Visit our web site for more information.