Teac CD-R55S & multi sessions

Derfinak Jan derfinak na hron.fei.tuke.sk
Pátek Květen 8 18:25:54 CEST 1998

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Miroslav Janis wrote:

> Ale vratil bych se k problemu c. 1. V teto casti jsem mnoho nepokrocil.
> Setkal se nekdo z vas s tim, ze posledni vypalene sektory na CD byly
> necitelne? Hlavne bych potreboval vedet, zda to muze byt chyba
> vypalovacky (coz se mi moc nezda) a nebo je neco s vypalovacim programem
> ci jeho okolim (kernel, libc). Nemam totiz chut nicit dalsi CDcka
> pokus-nicenim. A hlavne na to pokusniceni neni prilis casu :-(

V starsom CD Writing HOWTO sa pise v sekcii 3.4:
        So what we need is a tool that creates the filesystem while
        copying the files to the CD. This tool is called "mkisofs".
        A sample usage looks as follows:

                 mkisofs  -r -K  -o cd_image   private_collection/
                                 ---------'   -----------------'
                                      |                |
                        write output to    take directory as "input"

        The option '-r' sets the permissions of all files to be public
        readable on the CD and enables Rock Ridge extensions. That is
        what one usally wants and use of this option is recommended
        until you now what you're doing (hint: without '-r' the mount-point
        gets the permissions of "private_collection"!).
--->    The option '-K' fixes a bug in the Linux kernel and prevents the
--->    last file on the CD from being "destroyed" (not really, but Linux
--->    can't read it) . This option is equivalent to the option '-P' of
--->    "cdwrite".
        Please see the manual-page of "mkisofs" for details.

Ale v novej verzii HOWTO to uz nie je. Takze neviem.

				jano

----- I can't get no satisfaction -----
			Rolling Stones