XDelta (binary diff) RPMs available

Leos Bitto lbitto na netbeans.com
Úterý Říjen 6 19:34:45 CEST 1998

Ahoj vsichni,

nekdo se tu ptal po binarnim diffu, tak sem forwarduju svoje oznameni
o skvelem programu co nedavno konecne dosahl verze 1.0.0. :-)
Pokud mate RedHat 5.x, instalace bude jednoducha, jinak holt musite
kompilovat.

Ted koukam ze jsem do toho oznameni nenapsal URL - ach jo. V tech
RPMkach je, ale stahovat to jen kvuli tomu vas nutit nebudu. ;-)
Je to http://www.xcf.berkeley.edu/~jmacd/xdelta.html.

Leos

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:28:28 +0200 (CEST)
From: Leos Bitto <leos.bitto na netbeans.com>
To: redhat-announce-list na redhat.com
Subject: XDelta (binary diff) RPMs available

Hello everybody,

I've just uploaded RPMs of glib-1.1.3 and xdelta-1.0.0 to RedHat's
incoming directory on ftp.redhat.com, I hope they will be included in
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib soon. If you don't want to wait, you
can download the files from http://www.netbeans.com/files/contrib.
These RPMs were built on machine running RedHat Linux 5.1 with all
recent updates.

XDelta is a "binary diff" - I was looking for something like this for a
long time! It does the same job as diff & patch, but it handles binary
files too. We are going to publish updates for our software, NetBeans
Developer, in xdelta format too, because it uses the best algorithm we
found.

GLib is a library which includes support routines for C such as lists,
trees, hashes, memory allocation, and many other things. It is needed
for running XDelta, so I've made RPMs of GLib too. Warning: this RPM
overwrites some files from gtk+-devel-1.0.1-2.i386.rpm which comes with
RedHat 5.1! However, gtk+-devel is in RedHat 5.1 just for developing
some plugins for gimp-0.99.38(beta) -- I think that if somebody is going
to develop for gimp, he should really get gimp-1.0.1 and the corresponding
new libraries (GLib 1.1.3 is the newest).

XDelta also requires zlib, but it's included in standard RedHat 5.1.

Files you are interested in:

glib-1.1.3-1.i386.rpm         119313 bytes
glib-1.1.3-1.src.rpm          194097 bytes
xdelta-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm        70292 bytes
xdelta-1.0.0-1.src.rpm        202542 bytes

Many thanks to Josh MacDonald, jmacd na cs.berkeley.edu, for this great
utility!

Regards,

Leos Bitto
NetBeans, Inc.