RH 6.1+

Karel Zajicek karel.zajicek na ecn.cz
Středa Prosinec 15 15:28:12 CET 1999

Tomas Bazant <toba na cro.cz> wrote:

>Je mozne do oficialni dostribuce RH 61 pridat ne lokale nejake dalsi
>balicky (Mesa,..., blablabla), vygenerovaty ./genhdlist a distribuci
>povazovat za instalovatelnou? U drivejsich verzi jsem s timto postupem
>nemel zadny problem, 61 se mi z takto upravene distribuce nechce ani
>nainstalovat, ani upgradovat (oboji pres ftp). Pri instalaci napise
>nejake prapodivne hlasky o exceptions v pythonovych souborech a je
>konec.

Viz "Burning a RedHat CD mini-HOWTO"
http://imsb.au.dk/~mok/linux/doc/RedHat-CD.html

---
Important note for RedHat 6.1

The installation in RedHat 6.1 is completely changed from earlier
versions, and RedHat have introduced a system called
``anaconda''. The genhdlist program is now found in a different place,
so in the script above, use

GENHDDIR=${CDDIR}/${ARCH}/misc/src/anaconda/utils

The updatePerm script must be changed to include ``python'' in line
13. This has been done in the listing above, but if you've cut
the script from earlier versions of this document (before 1.30), you
need to make the change!

While we believe that the above changes to the procedure outlined in
this document are sufficient for RH6.1, we have not yet tried to
install it ourselves yet.
---

Karel Zajicek (karel.zajicek na ecn.cz)
Econnect, Ceskomalinska 23, 160 00 Praha 6, Czech Republic
Tel.: +420-2-24311780, Fax: +420-2-24317892, http://www.ecn.cz
PGP Key: http://www.ecn.cz/karel/pgp.html