Q: Netscape+Java crash, RedHat 6.0

Petr Valenta valenta na amis.cz
Pátek Září 3 12:22:49 CEST 1999

 Dobry den

  U RedHatu na adrese

  http://www.redhat.com/cgi-bin/support?solution&11-990511-0082&100-926468988&14-0&15-0&25-1&3-Netscape%2520Java&30-

  je uvedeno nasledujici reseni (alespon mne to pomohlo vyresit stejny problem):

      Netscape crashes on Java pages (REF#990511-0082)

      I have installed Red Hat Linux 6.0 and Netscape keeps crashing when
      Ireach a page with Java applets in it. I have also noticed that some
      of my applications do not  display fonts correctly.

      What is going on?
      Solution:
      There is a problem in one of the installation RPMS that is causing many systems to not
      have a complete list of fontpath for X to use.

      To see if this is the problem you are facing, please use the command

      chkfontpath --list

      You should get output that looks like the following:

      Current directories in font path:

      1: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled

      2: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled

      3: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled

      4: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc

      5: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1

      6: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo

      You should then add the 75dpi scaled font to your path list using the
command:

      chkfontpath --add /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi

      This should fix the problem you are seeing.
--

                                         Petr Valenta
                                         e-mail: valenta na amis.cz