Sendmail refuses connection

Barry Margolin barmar na genuity.net
Čtvrtek Duben 13 18:45:30 CEST 2000

In article <8d4r97$lue$1 na nnrp1.deja.com>,  <acunet3278 na my-deja.com> wrote:
>Could you kindly share your experience with me?
>I have some questions about sendmail on a DEC Unix server.
>
>Why would sendmail stoped accept connections?
>I was wondering how to force sendmail to start accepting connections
>again.

There's a sendmail.cf option that specifies a load limit.  If the load
average exceeds this, sendmail stops accepting connections.  When the load
goes down below it, sendmail will start accepting connections again.

See the "X" option (not to be confused with the "x" option, which causes
messages to be queued rather than delivered immediately).

--
Barry Margolin, barmar na genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA