How to modify the floppy boot disk after recompiling the kernel

Jan Klugl jan.klugl na pikebo.cz
Pondělí Červenec 24 09:33:08 CEST 2000

If this is not fake message, I recommend to check your e-mail!!! :-(((

Ross Xu wrote:

> Dear there,
> I have recompiled my 2.2.14 kernel.
> But for the hard disk reason, my linux machine can only boot from the floppy
> boot disk.
> So, how can I modify the floppy disk after recompiling the kernel?
> I copied the new kernel bzImage to the floppy disk as original kernel name.
> But when I booted from the floppy disk, I got an error message:
>
> boot:
> Uncompressing Linux...
> ran out of input data
> --System halted
>
> What is the problem? How can I do?

IMHO an easiest way is to create boot disk via dd if=bzImage
of=/dev/fd0,
if you don't need multiboot features of your boot manager [LILO?]

--

                                    Jan Klügl