ProFTPd

Pavel Urban urbanp na mlp.cz
Úterý Listopad 28 14:18:16 CET 2000

Ja pouzivam CVS verzi, protoze tusim jeste v rc2 byl problem s pasivnim
prenosem nebo s cim. Na vyzadovani hesla mate direktivu
AnonRequirePassword:

Syntax: AnonRequirePassword on|off
Default: AnonRequirePassword off
Context: <Anonymous>
Module: mod_core
Compatibility: 0.99.0 and later

Normally, anonymous FTP logins do not require the client to authenticate
themselves via the normal method of a transmitted cleartext password
which is hashed and matched against an existing system user's password.
Instead, anonymous logins are
expected to enter their e-mail address when prompted for a password.
Enabling the AnonRequirePassword directive requires anonymous logins to
enter a valid password which must match the password of the user that
the anonymous daemon runs as. However using AuthUsingAlias
authentication can be matched against the password of the login
username. This can be used to create "guest" accounts, which function
exactly as normal anonymous logins do (and thus present a "chrooted"
protected file system to the client), but require a valid password on
the server's host system.

Example of a "guest" account configuration:

    <Anonymous ~roger>
    User roger
    Group other
    UserAlias proftpd roger
    AnonRequirePassword on
    # Deny write operations to all directories, underneath root-dir
    # Default is to allow, so we don't need a <Limit> for read
operations.
    <Directory *>
    <Limit WRITE>
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    </Directory>
    # Deny all read/write operations in incoming. Because these are
command-group
    # limits, we can explicitly permit certain operations which will
take precedence
    # over our group limit.
    <Directory incoming>
    <Limit READ WRITE>
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    # The only command allowed in incoming is STOR (transfer file from
client to server)
    <Limit STOR>
    AllowAll
    </Limit>
    </Directory>
    </Anonymous>

> Zalezi taky na tom jakou verzi ProFtpd pouzivate.
> Osobne jsem nemohl rozebehnout upload na ProFTPD 1.2.0rc2,
> ale na starsi verzi to uz chodilo (v te same konfiguraci) bez problemu.
> Kdyz uz je rec o ProFtpd, nevite jakym zpusobem lze nastavit guest ucet?
> nejaky uzivatel - vyzaduje nejake heslo
> Implicitne jsem zakazal vsem uzivatelum v systemu pouzivani ftp a ted bych
> potreboval vytvorit guest account, ktery by vyzadoval overeni heslem.
> S pozdravem
>                     Tomas Lada

Pavel Urban (urbanp na mlp.cz)
MLP system disaster
Mestska knihovna v Praze - Marianske nam. 1, 115 72 Praha 1, Ceska
republika, http://www.mlp.cz
   Vegetables should not operate electronic equipment.
          Computer Stupidities, http://rinkworks.com/stupid/