linux problem

Jiri Novak bati na skodanet.cz
Čtvrtek Září 7 10:33:53 CEST 2000

Wong Kim Lung wrote:

> Dear all,
>     I hv a www server in linux. If i want to know the transmission rate (or
> even login/logout time and file downloaded) of a specific client who has
> connected to my server, how can i do that? thx alot!
First - You are posting to CZECH listserv, why? I think there is a lot
of international discussion boards/usenet newsgroups/mailing lists, so
I'm curious where you found it, and why are you posting here? :)
Second - Try to search on http://freshmeat.net/ or similiar sources of
free software if somebody didn't write a tool, which may suit you. But
AFAIK there is no tool which will do exactly what you want, so there is
a challenge for you - take your favorite text editor, and write a Perl
or AWK script to parse your server logfiles. but still, transmission
rate will be problem. I don't know any webserver software which logs
transmission rate.

Jiri Novak
<bati na skodanet.cz>
UNiX systems, TCP/IP networking, WebApps programming