linux on HP Laserjet

Ladislav Michl ladislav.michl na hlubocky.del.cz
Pondělí Listopad 19 18:33:32 CET 2001

pěkný podvečer,

já vím, že tento post nic neřeší a je tak trochu OT, ale nedalo mi to...
tu tiskárnu mám za zády, ale není moje a nemám odvahu to nabootovat. pokud
je tu někdo statečnější, rád pošlu image :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:19:14 -0800
From: "TWEDE,ROGER (HP-Boise,ex1)" <roger_twede na hp.com>
To: 'Jan-Benedict Glaw' <jbglaw na lug-owl.de>, linux-cvs na oss.sgi.com
Subject: RE: CVS Update na oss.sgi.com: linux

Although it might seem absurd to some, the HP LaserJets are basically the
same as a desktop machine minus the video card capabilities.

The LaserJets usually have a MIPS RM5261 (R5000 compatible) or RM7000A
processor running at up to 500 Mhz depending on the model.  The printers
also contain a PCI bus with space for two or three cards.  I usually drop
in a network card and a hard disk and then load the dimm slots with a couple
128 MB dimms.  Such a self contained printer becomes a respectable Linux
workstation.

I'm running the RedHat 7.1 distribution and can export a Gnome or KDE
desktop from the printer to any other X capable box.

Roger Twede