Future: Linux will replace Microsoft Windows getting 98% desktop market!

Rick [Kitty5] rick na kitty5.com
Sobota Březen 16 14:28:08 CET 2002

> Linux will never be as easy to install as Windows? I've got news for
> you!
>
> In my experience linux has LONG been EASIER to install than windows.
> Installing doze has been an absolute nightmare on far too many
> occasions. Take my current attempts with Win2K. I'm trying to install
> that on the same disk (different drive letter) to Win98. It stomps all
> over the 98 partition, reboots, and blue-screens. Installing 98 on that
> machine was a real pain too - it kept on blue-screening, but when I gave
> up and came back the next day it was fine...
>
> On the other hand, linux has been a cinch almost since I first started
> trying to install it with a distro called Universe. Even Slack on
> floppies was dead easy, just thoroughly boring as I swapped floppy after
> floppy (30 in total! :-(
>
> How people can claim doze is easier to install I don't know (unless by
> install they mean "switch on and let the auto-install just run).

Another 'Linux was easy for me to install, therefore the world and his
dog will have the exact same experience'

Installing is a pointless argument in any event, as most users (myself
included) are far more interested in the final result of said install.
--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key