Future: Linux will replace Microsoft Windows getting 98% desktop market!

Carolyn Beckman beckman na clone.concordia.ca
Sobota Březen 16 16:49:46 CET 2002

In alt.os.linux.slackware tony <ggg na echo.com> wrote:
> In article <a6vh21$hgisc$1 na ID-83783.news.dfncis.de>, "Rick [Kitty5]"
> <rick na kitty5.com> wrote:

>> Another 'Linux was easy for me to install, therefore the world and his
>> dog will have the exact same experience'

I do have a dual-booting machine, with win95 and winNT in the
primary partition and Slackware 8.0 in the extended partion.
The microsloth part of it was far harder to install, because of
the usual lack of information.  Do I use the NT and 95.  Hardly
at all.  It is there because I have to support it for other
people.  In my opinion, In spite of the obvious superiority
of linux, it will never replace windows.  The reason is simple.
There is a large group of people who know nothing and do not
wish to learn anything about computers.  They just wish to use
them. They survive until they louse up the system so badly that
it has to be repaired or reinstalled by someone who knows how.
Furthermore, as the knowledge of dos fades, they have no idea
of what the command line is.  Slackware is for the user with
some idea of software and hardware.
	beckman na clone.concordia.ca
	Carolyn Beckman