Future: Linux will replace Microsoft Windows getting 98% desktop market!

David T. Ashley dtashley na kalman.eng.wayne.edu
Sobota Květen 4 09:13:18 CEST 2002

"rkell557" <rkell557 na ceinetworks.com> wrote in message
news:3ZCA8.79$842.68 na atlpnn01.usenetserver.com...
> Choong,
>
> I'm the director of IS for a medium sized corporation.  We have been
> converting our legacy systems from proprietary platforms to anything that
is
> open.  What I have learned is Microsoft is one of the poorest operating
> systems for mission critical applications that I have ever encountered in
my
> 20 years of working with computers.

I agree.  I've had the same experiences.  My Linux box is stable.  It sits
there and does its job.  My Windows box is generally usable, but not in the
same tier of stability.

My largest regret of all time is that the DOJ didn't bust up Microsoft.
They'll be back to their old practices in less than a few years.

Dave.